Okay, I know that there is an about page on the website already, so if you were remotely interested in what I am all about, you probably already took a look at that, but I though it was only suiting to start this blog out with a more informal introduction (not that the other one is incredibly formal, but okay). It is a little strange to start out a blog, given that I already have one, which has been going on for quite a while now. But this is a new chapter, and perhaps you are someone who is entirely new to my website, my blog, my work (welcome!) and you'd appreciate a few words.
photo credit Iulian Serb
Jasmin Blanc is a one-woman-show (the only woman, that's me), located in the wonderfully wild countryside in Transylvania (no, I don't bite). I design and make the jewelry and ceramic objects, communicate with customers, photograph the pieces, fill orders, pack orders, ship packages and occasionally I also sleep. Rarely. But sometimes I'm left no choice.
I might not sleep much, but I do take my time. Time to breathe, to walk in the woods with my dogs, to cook good healthy food, to recharge... Time to be present. To observe. To be. I take time, deliberately. Because the more you love what you do, the more you get swallowed up by the process and variety is key. It is in my life. So taking time to be first and then do is what sets the tone and gives me the balance I need to build on.
15 random things about me:
- I see numbers in colors
- I think the cutest baby animals are kittens
- my favorite scent is jasmine (wow that is surprising, right?)
- I am vegan
- standing in the wet sand, waves barely touching my feet every now and again is, I believe, the best random feeling in the world
- I love fairy tales. I made my grandma retell Cinderella 3 times in a row one night when I was little.
- I fell in love with reading after I read Harry Potter in 6th or 7th grade
- growing up I wanted to become a detective
- I have many cats and dogs, all of them were rescued
- my current dream is to travel all around Europe in a van.
- I am Hungarian.
- most of my shirts are striped.
- ironing is my least enjoyed house chore.
- my favorite mood is autumnal
I may be the only human working in my studio, but there are kitties and doggies lying all over the place. Four of them are mine, the rest are everyone's (as I share the building with other makers) and we take turns at caring for them. Needless to say, this introduction would not be complete, if I left them out of it. After all, they are the ones who spice up my workdays; without them there, studio life just wouldn't be the same.